Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cambridge Days

I don't have internet access in my room so I haven't really been online at all. It's strange and wonderful to spend days and days without even checking my e-mail or facebook once. Rather liberating! My mind has been focused onto my studies and my tangent interests and not mindless internet surfing, chatting or snooping in the case of facebook. 

I've been reading Thomas Hobbs "The Leviathan" and a couple other books from the reading list. Also I've been enjoying not only my classes but the plenary lectures and evening lectures here at Cambridge. This is the most exciting academic environment I've ever been exposed to. The professors are brilliant and renowned, the talks are stimulating and eye opening. I'll go into more detail later, but it's been the most incredible experience to be here. 

I've made a lot of new friends who I'm dearly going to miss. I've connected with people here, I think more than I did in London. It's a very international bunch - with people from Switzerland, USA, Australia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, France, Spain, Mexico, Hungary, Russia...I don't even remember them all but I know that I have good friends here and now all over the world.  I have just three more weeks of classes and while I am ready to come home...I'm not quite ready to come home, and almost wish I could just stay here in Cambridge forever. 

No comments: