Sunday, January 11, 2009

Greenwich

We went to Greenwich today and poor Rachel did her best but it was quite an adventure to get there! The Jubilee line that we were going to take to the DLR was under construction or maintenance or something, one of the stations where we needed to switch trains on another line to get to the DLR was also closed and the DLR itself was experiencing "serious delays." We ended up walking down from Bank tube stop to the Tower Bridge ferry stop and taking the ferry to Greenwich instead. It was not horrible though and I had a wonderful time!

Greenwich was absolutely lovely. Other than being cold most of the day because I listened to the weather report and assumed it would be warmer today I had a wonderful time! I got a couple of cheesy little beaded change purses, which I think are very cute and we had really good Indian food. I loved the old buildings and museums we saw and I'd like to see more of them. I really want to go to Greenwich again and get some of the hot apple cider with rum! Oh it smelled so good!

Tomorrow if I have time I'm going to Ikea to get a few more nice things to help settle in. I'm going to check Tesco and Argos first though because I wouldn't have to take as far of a tube ride. I'd like a comforter and a mattress cover because the bed here is horrible.

I'm feeling less homesick today. Greg got me on surfthechannel.com and I found a ton of HouseMD episodes. Also, I love Skype, I am handeling some hiccups with my bank via Skype and I can talk with a real person and not worry about the cost at all! While I am frustrated with my uncomfortable bed I am relieved that I have working heat! In fact I'm a little warm right now. The girls in Will Wiet don't have decent heat and they're freezing! I'm going to run and see if I can chat a bit with my flatmates who just got home and try to be more social.

No comments: