Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy INew Year!

It is New Years Eve, 2008 - almost 2009. I cannot believe that one more year has passed. I have graduated from The University of Michigan, College of Engineering. I've applied to a bunch of graduate schools and in less than a week I will be heading out to London to study at the University of Westminster!! I am so excited! I got all of my first choice classes: Creative Writing, Rise of the Novel, London Theater in Performance, and Art and Society, and get this...I have no class on Mondays and Tuesdays...four day weekend!!! While there will certainly be a lot of work to do on weekends and days that I don't have class in order to keep up with my studies, I will have the option to manage my time the way that I would like in order to take longer weekend excursions around Great Britain and Europe.

I am anxious as well as excited. I've packed and unpacked my suitcases three times, making sure that I have everything I need and nothing that I do not need. I've copied all of my travel documents, filled out my Cambridge application, which is FINALLY online and I am ready. Only three days of intense research to finish up my paper and then I am off!

This has been the most difficult semester of my life. Lets just leave it at that. I'm looking forward to getting into the gym when I get to the UK, and finding some fun running trails or parks to start jogging again. The holidays where not nice to my health and I haven't really worked out all semester beside my spinning class. I'd like to take a spinning, pilates or yoga class in London. The University of Westminster has gym facilities and I live right down the way from the YMCA.

Did you know the YMCA started in London? I was surprised! Megabus started in the UK also. I'm looking forward to more traveling than I thought - $10 trip to Glasgow, Aberdine, Dundee....I'm thinking about taking a trip up to Scottland to see Sandi Thom in concert!

No comments: