Friday, January 16, 2009

I got my books today! My reading list is:

Aphra Behn, Oroonoko
Daniel Defoe, Moll Flanders
Jonathan Swift, Gulliver’s Travels
Samuel Richardson, Pamela
Henry Fielding, Joseph Andrews
John Cleland, Fanny Hill, or Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure
Samuel Johnson, Rasselas
Horace Walpole, The Castle of Otranto
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

I'm so excited. I've started Oroonoko already and I'm looking forward to finding the most beautiful reading nook in London and digging in! One of the things that's been bothering me about my roaming around London is that I didn't feel like I have a purpose. Everyone is this town has a purpose. Everyone is walking, running, rushing somewhere; everyone here has a purpose. Without my reading list, before my classes start, I didn't really have a purpose. Now I have one!

Tomorrow we're going to Somerset House to go on a tour and go ice skating! After ice skating we're going to a pub for dinner (I want fish and chips) and then we're going to a movie with our director Rachel. I'll give a good run down tomorrow or Sunday.

No comments: